Forum Thread: Adobe Flash Update confusion

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Programs

Relating to this vendor:
Adobe Systems
And, this specific program:
Adobe Flash Player 10.x

This thread has been marked as locked.
Bruce Kennedy Adobe Flash Update confusion
Member 21st Sep, 2010 15:07
Ranking: 0
User Since: 24th Aug, 2010
System Score: N/A
PSI said Adobe Flash should be updated. So I did try. Adobe said I had to close Windows Messenger and it would install automatically. That sounds good.

But Windows Messenger was NOT open or activated.

I tried again. Now PSI tells me I have 2 instances of Adobe Flash and they are both insecure.

I used to have the highest respect for adobe. Now they have lost my respect all together.

Is there now or on the horizon something that will replace Adobe Flash Player?

I am thoroughly fed up with their programming. I do not have the time to waist chasing problems like this.

The Canuck

kaisersoze RE: Adobe Flash Update confusion
Member 21st Sep, 2010 15:18
Score: 0
User Since: 11th Jan 2010
System Score: N/A
Last edited on 21st Sep, 2010 15:20
(unknown source)
I totally agree.
As soon as i find any computer with anything Adobe i uninstall it and replace it with better software.
Its my personal war against Adobe.

I totally agree.
As soon as i find any computer with anything Adobe i uninstall it and replace it with better software.
Its my personal war against Adobe.

--
Windows 7 x64 + PSI 2.0 Beta (v1.9.0.5004)
Was this reply relevant?
+1
This user no longer exists RE: Adobe Flash Update confusion
Member 21st Sep, 2010 15:32
Last edited on 21st Sep, 2010 15:42 Hi,

I have not been able to reproduce this issue. On my systems, installing 10.1.85.3 lets the PSI detect the proper versions, removes the old versions, and generally works as expected.

Which version is the PSI currently showing? And in which path? To obtain the path, click "+" to expand the entry, and copy the "Installation Path" field here.

Have you tried applying the solution for each instance of Flash manually?

Edit:

It seems the issue with the Adobe Installers leaving behind old versions has not been definitively fixed. Do you have an instance of Adobe Flash in both the Insecure and Patched tabs? If so, have a look at Adobe's own instructions for removing older versions of Flash: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html

hope this helps.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.