Forum Thread: Adobe Shockwave Player 10x

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Programs

Relating to this vendor:
Adobe Systems
And, this specific program:
Adobe Shockwave Player 11.x

This thread has been marked as resolved.
Nikilet Adobe Shockwave Player 10x
Member 22nd Sep, 2010 09:33
Ranking: 7
User Since: 15th Jul, 2008
System Score: N/A
Psi says under end of life programs that Adobe Shockwave Player 10x is end of life. Location is C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Shockwave 10\SwOnce.dll

I'm really confused because I have the latest version of Shockwave Player installed. Why did this pop up and what should I do with it?

Post "RE: Adobe Shockwave Player 10x " has been selected as an answer.
Maurice Joyce RE: Adobe Shockwave Player 10x
Handling Contributor 22nd Sep, 2010 09:38
Score: 12325
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
The latest Shockwave version is 11.5.8.612.

SHOCKWAVE

Before starting to fix Adobe Shockwave do U really require it? Windows works perfectly without this programme which may have been pre installed on the PC at the time of purchase.

If not required just uninstall it completely. If you do have a requirement read on:

1. Uninstall Shockwave for your OS from the clearly marked link here:
http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/alternates...

2. Reboot to clear out any left over ocx files.

3. Rescan using PSI. Are there any outstanding files that are insecure? These should be cleared out before proceeding to serial 4.In your case this means all the files U have listed in the Shockwave folder

Note 1: At this stage,if PSI finds any elements of Shockwave in the C:\i386 folder or on any drive other than C that is an OEM reinstallation partition (normally D drive) or a drive U use solely to backup your work U can safely create an ignore rule.

Note 2: The path on the C Drive to any remaining insecurity is important. Does it point to the Shockwave Player or another Adobe product that has a Flash element? If it points to Shockwave right click on the file(s) & delete them. If it points elsewhere reinstalling Shockwave will not necessarily clear the problem.

4. Reinstall Shockwave from here:
http://get.adobe.com/shockwave/

5. If you wish to test your new Shockwave Player the link is here:

http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/welcome/

Update 3 12:24 28/07/2010

--
Maurice

Microsoft Surface 4 Intel i7 64Bit
Windows 10 Pro version 1809 Build 17763.404
16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+2
Nikilet RE: Adobe Shockwave Player 10x
Member 22nd Sep, 2010 10:35
Score: 7
User Since: 15th Jul 2008
I uninstalled, rebooted. I rescanned that item under End-of-Life and it said the program no longer appears to be installed on my system. So I will go now and install it and I assume I will be OK.

I have a paid subscription to Shockwave.com and I'm sure I do need this program for those games.

Thanks!

p.s. I sent you an email with regard to this situation of not being able to use the Download Solution option in psi.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Maurice Joyce RE: Adobe Shockwave Player 10x
Handling Contributor 22nd Sep, 2010 15:09
Score: 12325
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
Got the email now thank U. Just reinstall shockwave from the link provide & U will be OK.

--
Maurice

Microsoft Surface 4 Intel i7 64Bit
Windows 10 Pro version 1809 Build 17763.404
16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+1

This thread has been marked as locked.