Forum Thread: Apple Quicktime 7.x

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Open Discussions

This thread has been marked as locked.
123456Buster Apple Quicktime 7.x
Member 23rd Sep, 2010 10:04
Ranking: 0
User Since: 23rd Sep, 2010
System Score: N/A
Secunia keeps telling me that QuickTIme is a threat. I have already installed the recommended software. I have also restarted my computer. I have also scanned my computer twice. Secunia keeps telling me I still need to fix QuickTime. I have no external drives, etc., so that cannot be the problem. I am starting to think that there is a virus in my Secunia Software!

graceman_148 RE: Apple Quicktime 7.x
Member 23rd Sep, 2010 10:17
Score: 0
User Since: 10th Jun 2009
System Score: N/A
Same here with no solution. Help

Was this reply relevant?
+0
This user no longer exists RE: Apple Quicktime 7.x
Member 23rd Sep, 2010 10:17
Hi,

The newest version of Apple Quicktime 7.x is 7.68.
You can download this version from here: http://appldnld.apple.com/QuickTime/061-8938.20100...

Some applications (And frequently those released by Apple) do not remove older version of themselves when updating. To check whether or not this is what is causing your problem, first enter advanced mode, by clicking "Advanced" in the top right corner. Then, check whether or not there is an entry for QuickTime in both the "Insecure" and "Patched" tabs. If this is the case, the installation listed under "Insecure" is a leftover installation, which should be safe to remove.

To remove QuickTime, follow Apple's own intructions (Found here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1786), and then reinstall the secure version.

Please also note that if a "virus" or other malware had actually infected the PSI, the PSI would make to attemps to detect this - Secunia software assumes that your Operating System is working and uninfected.
However, I would be highly supprised to learn of Malware that existed to confuse the PSI's results, so I wouldn't worry if I were you.

hope this helps.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.