Forum Thread: Back again!

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Programs

Relating to this vendor:
Adobe Systems
And, this specific program:
Adobe Photoshop Elements 7.x

This thread has been marked as locked.
Runkelruebe Back again!
Member 28th Sep, 2010 13:44
Ranking: 1
User Since: 25th Jun, 2009
System Score: N/A
Please look at this closed thread: http://secunia.com/community/forum/thread/show/421...
5 months ago I had this problem and yesterday it came up again. Everything like written!

Please help!

Thanks Runkelruebe

This user no longer exists RE: Back again!
Member 28th Sep, 2010 14:18
Hi,

The latest Secure version of Adobe Photoshop Elements 7.x is 7.0.3.0.
Since the PSI gets the version numbers you are seeing directly from files on your computer (In this case from "Photoshop Elements 7.0.exe"), what we need for you is a "Software Suggestion" for a file containing the version number "7.0.3.0".

To submit a Software Suggestion, navigate to the bottom of any of the Patched, Insecure, and End-Of-Life tabs, click the "Program Missing?" button, and fill out the form with a file containing the proper version information.

To determine which files contain the proper version information, you can right-click the file, select Properties, and examine the "Version" tab.

hope this helps.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Runkelruebe RE: Back again!
Member 28th Sep, 2010 18:09
Score: 1
User Since: 25th Jun 2009
Unfortunatly I cann't find any file with that version-number in that folder. When I run the patch, I'm told, that the programm is uptodate. When I search out of the programm for updates I get the same message. For me it is exactly the same as written in the old thread.
What shall I do now?

Runkelruebe
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 29th Sep, 2010 09:31
Hi,

We believe we have corrected the issue. Does a full rescan show you as Secure?
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 29th Sep, 2010 16:11
I just did a full rescan and I'm very sorry: Adobe Photoshop 7.0.exe is still detected as "unsecure".

Runkelruebe
Was this reply relevant?
+0
ML1970 RE: Back again!
Member 29th Sep, 2010 21:12
Score: 0
User Since: 17th Jul 2010
I had the same issue yesterday. Now, after a rescan, Adobe Photoshop Elements 7.x is secure (version 7.0.3.0).

Thanks for all your efforts!
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 30th Sep, 2010 09:18
Hi,

@Runkelruebe
The changes we made appear to have worked for other users. Does a full rescan still not show you as Secure?
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Kaelidan RE: Back again!
Member 1st Oct, 2010 14:53
Score: 0
User Since: 15th Aug 2009
Hello everyone.

I just performed a full rescan and the program still shows Adobe Photoshop Elements as unsecure...

As reported by other members, the patch won't install claiming the program is already up to date.

Thanks for the attention
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 1st Oct, 2010 15:00
Hi,

Currently, we extract our versioning information from the "ems.dll" file. On most systems, this file appears to have the correct versioning information.

What is the version of this file on your system?

I am afraid that we at Secunia can do nothing to update the version information on this file. If you can find a file in the application folder for Adobe Photoshop Elements 7.x, I will be happy to correct our rules to extract the needed information from this file.
However, only Adobe has the power to control the version information of it's releases. I suggest you contact them for a possible solution.

hope this helps.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 2nd Oct, 2010 23:03
My full scan still shows the file as unsecure. I now posted the problem in the Adobe Forum and I will let you know, what they'll tell me.

Runkelruebe
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Sizou RE: Back again!
Member 5th Oct, 2010 04:42
Score: 6
User Since: 7th Sep 2009
I am having the same problem. PSI identifies the latest updated version of Photoshop Elements 7.0.x as insecure. Attempts to patch the program fail--Adobe reports the program is already patched. Don't know if the problem is with Secunia or with Adobe, but I am simply ignoring it for the time being.

Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 5th Oct, 2010 12:16
The only answer I got so far from Adobe was to un- and reinstall PSE. I'm not quite sure if the problem is so serious that I should try it..... And at the moment I don't have the time to risk it!

Does anyone have tried?!

Greetings Runkelruebe
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 5th Oct, 2010 12:45
Hi,

Reinstalling the PSI should not make any difference. The problem here is not our scan rules, but the fact that Adobe has yet again neglected to update the versioning information on their files.

If, however, anyone can locate any file with the proper version information and suggest it too us, we should be able to correct this issue.

hope this helps.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.