Forum Thread: Download and Scan

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI 2.0 Beta

This thread has been marked as locked.
Carol Markham Download and Scan
Member 28th Sep, 2010 13:47
Ranking: 0
User Since: 9th Dec, 2008
System Score: N/A
I read a number of comments from people who had downloaded the 2.0 Beta. Quite a few of them seemed to be negative with many problems encountered. I was unsure about downloading this version but was interested in the automatic update feature. Download and installation took place without any problems. The first scan came back !00% secure. I look forward to using this version of your product with great anticipation of excellent results.

Thank you for what appears to be a great program.

C. M. in Virginia.

Leendert Kip Download and Scan
Contributor 28th Sep, 2010 15:01
Score: 137
User Since: 22nd Jan 2009
System Score: N/A
Last edited on 28th Sep, 2010 15:03
on 28th Sep, 2010 13:47, Carol Markham wrote:
Quite a few of them seemed to be negative with many problems encountered.

It seems to be that I am one of the 'happy few' who never encountered any problem with the 2.0Beta since installation. I can assure you that the automatic update works well. Since installation I got two updates for Flash and one for Foxit reader which were processed flawlessly. Keep in mind that in the case of Flash the update gets the status 'scheduled' and then waits for the moment that the .ocx file is not in use. Last time this took about 1,5hrs. So be patient when you see the status 'scheduled'. Hope for you that you too belong to the 'happy few' not stumbling upon problems. And when it happens.....just report in this Forum and you get plenty of help from experienced people.

--
PC: PWA Computers
Intel Core I3 2100 3.1Ghz
Kingston DDR3 ValueRam 4GB 1333
Kingston SSD SV300S 240GB
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bits SP1
Secunia PSI 3.0.0.11005
Internet Explorer 11
Mozilla Firefox 59.0.2NL
Google Chrome 66.0.3359.117

Laptop: MSI GT780DX
Intel Core I5-2450
DDR3 RAM 6GB
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bits SP1
Secunia PSI 3.0.0.11005
Internet Explorer 11
Mozilla Firefox 59.0.2NL
Was this reply relevant?
+0
This user no longer exists RE: Download and Scan
Secunia Official 28th Sep, 2010 15:15
A little hint for the auto-update for Flash:

If you can see a update is pending for a while, in this case Flash, you can try closing your browser or/and other programs that uses Flash.
This way, the Flash files won't be locked for writing anymore and the installation can proceed.

This thread has been marked as locked.