Forum Thread: no drives detected

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI 2.0 Beta

This thread has been marked as locked.
bhenshaw no drives detected
Member 1st Oct, 2010 02:23
Ranking: 40
User Since: 29th Apr, 2009
System Score: N/A
I just installed the beta and when I go into settings and go to the drives tab, there are no drives detected. I have an HP laptop and there are two drives... the C drive is the Operating System drive and D is the recovery drive. Neither of them shows up.

I see that a problem with Drives was reported a few days ago, but in the response it says this will be fixed in the next release. However, if I understand it correctly a newer release was issued yesterday and I did my install today so I should have gotten the newer supposedly fixed version.

Just thought I should report it in case I am seeing a new or different bug.

Thanks,

Bill

This user no longer exists RE: no drives detected
Member 1st Oct, 2010 09:13
Hi,

Please confirm that your settings in Internet Explorer match those described in this item of our FAQ: http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/personal...

Then, try a new full rescan with the Secunia PSI 2.0 Beta. Has this corrected the issue?
Was this reply relevant?
+0
bhenshaw RE: no drives detected
Member 1st Oct, 2010 18:29
Score: 40
User Since: 29th Apr 2009
Hi Emil,

All settings are as described in the first part of the FAQ.

As for the second part about "Check for server certificate revocation", that is checked. Not sure I would want to uncheck this. I have never had any problems with Secunia 1.5 and Secunia 2.0 seems to work fine, it scans my C drive and displays the results without any problems. So far the only problem I've had seems to be the fact that the Drives tab doesn't show any drives.

Also, not sure if it matters, but I don't use IE. I use Firefox.

Thanks,

Bill
Was this reply relevant?
+0
bhenshaw RE: no drives detected
Member 4th Oct, 2010 00:26
Score: 40
User Since: 29th Apr 2009
Hi Emil,

Not sure what happened, but today the drives are both showing up on the Drives tab. I didn't change any settings or anything. Not sure what happened.

Let me know if I can be of any help in trying to figure out what is going on.

Thanks,

Bill
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.