Forum Thread: Installation Reduces Screen Size When starting PSI 2

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI 2.0 Beta

This thread has been marked as locked.
irishfeat Installation Reduces Screen Size When starting PSI 2
Member 6th Oct, 2010 21:15
Ranking: -8
User Since: 6th Oct, 2009
System Score: N/A
I've been using PSI since Oct. 2008, really with no problems. I upgraded to PSI 1.9.0.2 about a month ago when someone in the fourm suggested it. It seemed to work fine. Then I upgraded to PSI 2 beta. Ever since, when I start the program, my screen reduces to 1/4 the size and can't navigate. I tried uninstalling it, rebooting, installing versions 1.5.0.2, and even a version before that. I've done virus checks, malware scans, cleaning with CCleaner. I downloaded PSI 2 again yesterday, and it still makes my screen small. My toolbar is on the left side, so I can let it run, and exit it, when I exit it (PSI) goes back to normal screen size.
Basically, when I start PSI, the screen size suddenly goes really small and can't navigate. I let it run, and everything was 100% OK on the dashboard. I tried moving the window with cursor, and enlarging the window, but dose not enlarge. When I exit the PSI program, my window size goes back to normal.
I've tried everything trying to figure this out. Read all the FAQ's and still can't fix it. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

This user no longer exists RE: Installation Reduces Screen Size When starting PSI 2
Member 7th Oct, 2010 09:35
Hi,

Let me be sure I understand you right.
Is your experiencing that PSI is changing the resolution of your screen, thus making your entire Desktop smaller, and having a global affect?

Or is the problem that the PSI window itself is small, and refuses to be maximized?

Either way, could I ask you to provide us with a debug log, along with a more detailed description? If you send us the log and description at support@secunia.com, along with a reference to this thread, we can investigate the cause of your problem.

Before starting, please note that the debug log is confidential, and should not be posted on the forum.

To obtain a debug log, first enter "cmd" in either the Start > Run box (For XP), or directly in the start menu search bar (Vista and Win7). Then, enter these commands exactly in the command window that appears:
cd "%ProgramFiles%\Secunia\PSI"
psi.exe --verbose --debug secunia.txt

The PSI will now run in debug mode. If you can reproduce the steps that lead to the issue, and send us the log generated at %ProgramFiles%\Secunia\PSI\secunia.txt to support@secunia.com, we will look into your problem. Please remember to include a detailed description of the problem as experienced by you.

hope this helps.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
irishfeat RE: Installation Reduces Screen Size When starting PSI 2
Member 7th Oct, 2010 19:21
Score: -8
User Since: 6th Oct 2009
System Score: N/A
The resolution of the desktop is reduced causing global effect. It effects both, the descktop and the program while it's running. When I exit PSI, the screen size goes back to normal. I have toolbar on the left side, so I can get to the icons. I did try to "expand" the window, of both, with no luck. I'm working on the screen shot, and sent the debug log. I did see something in the log about the screen size.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.