Forum Thread: Bottom Dashboard Graph Windows Are Blank

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI 2.0 Beta

This thread has been marked as locked.
HiddenPrism Bottom Dashboard Graph Windows Are Blank
Member 14th Oct, 2010 03:18
Ranking: 1
User Since: 14th Oct, 2010
System Score: N/A
The 'Development in your Secunia System Score...' and the 'Security patches for your program...' windows remain blank. The bar graphs for the 'Development...' window will appear when I select 'Select All' from the windows right-click drop-down menu. When I right-click the 'Security patches for...' and select 'Select All' from the window's drop-down menu, small blue circles appear in the window.

I am running Win7 Home Premium 64-bit on an HP Pavillion e9230f.

My video card is ATI Radeon HD 4350.

I have no other similar rendering problem with any other application on my computer.

This user no longer exists RE: Bottom Dashboard Graph Windows Are Blank
Member 14th Oct, 2010 10:22
Hi,

Are you using the Internet Explorer 9.x Beta?

If so, please be aware that the PSI uses IE to render it's user interface, and that the current beta has problems rendering our graphics. Currently, this issue is out of our hands. If you need the dashboard graphics, I suggest downgrading to a supported version of Internet Explorer.

hope this helps.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
HiddenPrism RE: Bottom Dashboard Graph Windows Are Blank
Member 14th Oct, 2010 16:24
Score: 1
User Since: 14th Oct 2010
System Score: N/A
Yes, I am using IE 9 beta. Why is the rendering tied to IE? Can't you use another general means to display the graphs other than relying on IE functionality?
Was this reply relevant?
+1
This user no longer exists RE: Bottom Dashboard Graph Windows Are Blank
Member 15th Oct, 2010 08:47
Hi,

Internet Explorer is used to render the PSI's user interface because IE is a build-in component of every Windows operating system (And is unremoveable, even with the 'browser choice screen').

Our current system for rendering graphics was chosen to move away from Flash, the use of which caused an unfortunate dependency for the older versions of the PSI.

Since IE9 is in Beta, many third-party libraries, and various features, do not work as expected. This is the cause of our problem, and currently there is nothing we can do about it.

If you feel you need the dashboard graphics, either downgrade to a supported version of IE or wait until the browser is out of Beta.

hope this helps.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.