Forum Thread: insecure program,

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Programs

Relating to this vendor:
Adobe Systems
And, this specific program:
Adobe Flash Player 10.x

This thread has been marked as locked.
rsecunia insecure program,
Member 25th Nov, 2008 16:02
Ranking: 0
User Since: 22nd Dec, 2007
System Score: N/A
I have downloaded to the flash payer 10 3 times and each scan says it is insecure. I have deleted flash paer 9 but still flash player shows insecure. i have checked adobe for updates and none are available.

rharold99 RE: insecure program,
Member 25th Nov, 2008 17:54
Score: 2
User Since: 12th Jul 2008
Flash has to be downloaded and installed to update the plugin in Firefox, but in Internet Explorer it must be installed online, so two separate installs are required.
Your Flash version can be tested at http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_15507 by comparing the version number at the top with the table of current versions at the bottom.
Please check both in Internet Explorer, and in Firefox / Opera / Chrome or any other browsers that you are using to be sure all copies of Flash have been updated.
For Internet Explorer, go to http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ then uncheck the "Free Google Toolbar" box, and click "Agree and install now".
I hope that helps.

Was this reply relevant?
+0
This user no longer exists RE: insecure program,
Member 25th Nov, 2008 18:33
In order to completely remove Flash Player you need to download Adobe Flash Player uninstaller then close all browsers then run the uninstall_flash_player.exe program:
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?ext...

Reboot then install the updated Flash player.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
x_nix RE: insecure program,
Member 4th Dec, 2008 06:24
Score: 0
User Since: 4th Dec 2008
adobe's uninstaller does not find all of the older versions though. After seeing unloading all versions which it could, I reloaded flash player, and there were still old versions which it had not reached. Performing another uninstall, just for kicks, and as expected, it uninstalled the new version, not the old. I then went and manually removed the old versions which were identified by the Secunia details. One option is a folder which brings you to the spot where the offending file is located. If you are queasy about simply killing the file outright, you could first write down where the file lives, and then either move it to some quarantined place of your own choosing, or change the file extension from dll or exe to dll_old or exe_old (anything which is not a valid executable is reasonable, but one which you can find again and know that it is your doing is optimal).
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.