|jpcummins||Updated Patch appears to not be working|
|17th Nov, 2010 19:49|
User Since: 19th Dec, 2008
System Score: N/A
I scanned my system this morning with Secunia Online Software Inspector. The scan revealed that my version of Adobe Reader was 22.214.171.124, was vulnerable, and that there was a new patch 126.96.36.199 that needed to be installed. I downloaded and installed the new patch then scaned again with Secunia Online Software Inspector. The results were the same. I then turned off my computer, waited a minute or so, and turned it back on. I then scanned again with Secunia Online Software Inspector and again the results were the same.
Following the very same procedures in the past have always met with success. Any suggestions or recommendations? As always I appreciate all replies and would thank you in advance.
|mogs||RE: Updated Patch appears to not be working|
|17th Nov, 2010 20:54|
User Since: 22nd Apr 2009
System Score: N/A
Last edited on 17th Nov, 2010 20:55
As you've been using Secunia for quite some time...it's likely you're already familiar with proceedures regarding left over files/versions after updates....Secunia will still detect even if in the Recycle bin.
The present situation regarding the Adobe update is already being discussed on the following thread....admittedly tho', pertaining to psi use....but you should be able to glean info from it. http://secunia.com/community/forum/thread/show/639...
Hope it helps : if not, please return to the forum with details of your OS, together with the file path of the vulnerability.....when someone may be able to help further.
|This user no longer exists||RE: Updated Patch appears to not be working|
|18th Nov, 2010 10:29|
We have updated our rules for "Adobe Reader 9.x" and it should now be found after a scan with Secunia OSI.