Forum Thread: windows 7

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
muffin windows 7
Member 13th Dec, 2010 05:05
Ranking: 3
User Since: 30th Oct, 2008
System Score: N/A
i just purchased a new computer with windows 7 on it. on the PSI webpage it says that PSI can be used with windows 7 but when i went to install it on my computer the "readme" portion of the set-up did not include windows 7 as one of the supported operating systems. it listed xp, windows 2000, 2003, and vista. i saw in a closed thread that someone else had this same question and you all thought it was an error and that secunia would be updating their readme file.that was back in august. i don't want to mess up my new computer. could someone comnfirm for me that the readme file is oudated and i can use PSI with windows 7. thanks.

--
muffin

oilcanharry995 RE: windows 7
Member 13th Dec, 2010 08:49
Score: 4
User Since: 30th Dec 2007
Hey Muffin, I just installed PSI on my computer.
Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit, no problems at all.
Right click to install as admin should do the trick.
Was this reply relevant?
+4
This user no longer exists RE: windows 7
Member 13th Dec, 2010 08:55
Hi,

I believe this issue was fixed some time ago, in response to the earlier bug report.
Are you referring to the README in the lastest PSI 2.0 Beta version?

And, just for confirmation, the PSI support Windows7 with no known major issues. If you experience any problems using the PSI on this platform or any other, please post back to this forum and let us know!

Hope this helps.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Maurice Joyce RE: windows 7
Handling Contributor 13th Dec, 2010 09:09
Score: 12325
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
Emil,
@Muffin is referring to the Readme.rtf file downloaded with the programme.
It remains incorrect as I pointed out with my submissions to U of possible updates to the Manual,Web Pages & the file in question.

I understood it was being updated with the final release?

--
Maurice

Microsoft Surface 4 Intel i7 64Bit
Windows 10 Pro version 1809 Build 17763.404
16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+4
muffin RE: windows 7
Member 14th Dec, 2010 04:29
Score: 3
User Since: 30th Oct 2008
thanks, everyone. i have windows 7 professional. maurice is correct, i am referring to the readme file that was supposed to be revised.i am not talking about the beta version. i will install psi, probably not until this weekend, and will let you all know how it goes.

--
muffin
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 15th Dec, 2010 10:35
Hi,

In the newest build of the Secunia PSI 2.0 Beta, Microsoft Windows 7 is listed as a supported operating system.

If you open the Readme.rft file on a system with the newest build, you should be able to confirm this.

hope this helps.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Franadora1 RE: windows 7
Member 17th Dec, 2010 04:21
Score: 5
User Since: 20th Jul 2008
As PSI 2.0 is still in Beta state, many of us are not installing it yet on production machines.

The question stands for PSI 1.5.0.2, the current stable release. When I tried to install it on my new Windows 7 machine, reading through the UAE, it did not include Windows 7; therefore, I aborted installation until I could find more information.

Does PSI 1.5.0.x work as well on Windows 7 machine as it does on Windows XP?
Was this reply relevant?
+0
muffin RE: windows 7
Member 17th Dec, 2010 05:20
Score: 3
User Since: 30th Oct 2008
i installed psi this evening (v1.5.02) on my new computer that has windows 7 professional (64 bit). installed without a problem, ran a scan without a problem. i think the issue is that people are actually reading the "readme" file when they are installing psi and it does NOT list windows 7 as one of the supported operating systems. the comments in this thread indicate that this is an oversight and the" readme file" needs to be updated to list windows 7. secunia: please update the "readme" file to include windows 7.

--
muffin
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 17th Dec, 2010 09:20
Hi,

Yes, the current stable version of the PSI 1.5.x does support Windows 7. This OS not being listen in the Readme file is a bug, which has been fixed in the most recent Beta release.

If you wish, you can refer to our online System Requirements page (http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/personal...), which clearly shows that Windows 7 is supported.

hope this helps.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.