Forum Thread: Version 2 problems

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
Backdoc1952 Version 2 problems
Member 21st Dec, 2010 21:56
Ranking: 0
User Since: 21st Dec, 2010
System Score: N/A
Last edited on 21st Dec, 2010 21:56

I have been using PSI from early Versions (0.x) till the latest Version (1.5.2), and used version 2 beta, which worked great.

However installing version 2 in different machines gave some problems. All of them were resolved, but the updates and full install on a 64bit Windows 7 Pro machine (after uninstalling it using Revo Uninstaller, and cleaning up the registry afterwards) only gave me problems.

It at first install, would not proceed past the startup screen, and at other multiple complete uninstalls, reboots, and reinstalls it is now at a point where the %-age is not visible (combo of 0 and 100%?), and the picture of automatic updates is doubled topwards so you cannot even use the program.

I have tried running it with admin rights, but no change. I have looked at the IE changes, but that did not help. Could it have to do with IE 9 being installed in 32 bit and 64 bit versions?

--
Tech Support for multiple users in Canada/USA
using voice and online services.

Backdoc1952 RE: Version 2 problems
Member 21st Dec, 2010 22:04
Score: 0
User Since: 21st Dec 2010
I wanted to answer this myself. I downloaded a new copy of Version 2 today, and used it to uninstall and reinstall itself. After that it worked ok. It seems that somehow the previous installs were damaged. Why, I would not know, but using the program to uninstall itself and reinstall itself seems to have done the job.

--
Was this reply relevant?
+0
ronymaxwell RE: Version 2 problems
Member 21st Dec, 2010 22:12
User Since: 28th Sep 2010
I tried to install the new version (on Windows 7) and had problems too. It would recognise the old version (Beta) and try to uninstall it, but would hang. I tried to uninstall from Add/Remove Programs and nothing happened again.
In the end I used Safe Mode with Networking. The installation from the site worked fine then, including getting rid of the older version. Possibly something to do with that (often annoying) UAC thing.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Backdoc1952 RE: Version 2 problems
Member 21st Dec, 2010 22:19
User Since: 21st Dec 2010
In my humble opinion, it had nothing to do with UAC, but more with the fact that something (maybe a part of 1.5 or 2.0 beta) was left behind, which caused some grief with startup and running the app.

--
Was this reply relevant?
+0
s3cur317n0w RE: Version 2 problems
Member 22nd Dec, 2010 09:23
User Since: 22nd Dec 2010
Was this reply relevant?
+0
gjjean RE: Version 2 problems
Contributor 22nd Dec, 2010 09:40
Score: 192
User Since: 9th Apr 2010

--
HP pavilion DV6
Win 7 64bit - SP1
IE10 + MSSE4.3.215
Was this reply relevant?
+1
This user no longer exists RE: Version 2 problems
Member 22nd Dec, 2010 09:59
Was this reply relevant?
+0
s3cur317n0w RE: Version 2 problems
Member 22nd Dec, 2010 10:25
User Since: 22nd Dec 2010
on 22nd Dec, 2010 09:59, wrote:
Hi,

Thank you all for providing us with your feedback and experience. We will look into these issues, hoping to make the end-user experience as smooth as possible!

Please try configuring Internet Explorer as describe in this item of our FAQ:
http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/personal...

has this resolved the issue?

Yes, thank you very much - it looks like it solved my problem!
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.