Forum Thread: Secure Browsing Internet Explorer 32-/64-Bit

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as resolved.
dzedler Secure Browsing Internet Explorer 32-/64-Bit
Member 21st Dec, 2010 23:39
Ranking: 0
User Since: 21st Dec, 2010
System Score: N/A
Hi,

just installed PSI v2.0.0.1003.

I noticed that the same IE-Addons are listed for the 32-bit as well as the 64-bit version. This means that IE 32-Bit also lists all 64-bit addons and IE 64-bit also lists all 32-bit addons.

Running Windows 7 64-Bit.

Kind regards,
Daniel

Post "RE: Secure Browsing Internet Explorer 32-/64-Bit" has been selected as an answer.
This user no longer exists RE: Secure Browsing Internet Explorer 32-/64-Bit
Member 22nd Dec, 2010 10:56
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

We will be looking this issue, and will consider ways to improve the handling. Thank you for letting us know.

If you have any further comments, questions or suggestions, please let us know.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
dzedler RE: Secure Browsing Internet Explorer 32-/64-Bit
Member 22nd Dec, 2010 12:06
Score: 0
User Since: 21st Dec 2010
System Score: N/A
Hi Emil,

just realized that this is also true for Opera (also lists Java 64-bit), so I suppose this is a general issue.

Please see my other post here at http://secunia.com/community/forum/thread/show/682... in addition. I think that this is important as well, knowing that the browser is the main entry point for malicious code nowadays.

Both issues could be resolved in the same way by checking which plugins/addons are really installed in the web browsers.

Kind regards,
Daniel
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.