Forum Thread: Conflicting information

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Programs

Relating to this vendor:
Adobe Systems
And, this specific program:
Adobe Photoshop CS5 12.x

This thread has been marked as locked.
Sagitar Conflicting information
Member 22nd Dec, 2010 01:41
Ranking: 0
User Since: 25th Sep, 2008
System Score: N/A
I have two machines each running 64bit Win7 and 64bit Adobe CS5.

On one machine, Secunia PSI shows Adobe Photoshop CS5 (64bit)\Photoshop.exe version 12.0.1.0 as insecure and identifies version 12.0.2 as the latest version.

On the other machine it shows version 12.0.1.0 as not insecure.

If I try to install the patch for version 12.0.2 on the first machine I eventually arrive at the Adobe Application Manager with the message that the "Update is not applicable"

If I load Adobe CS5 and click on "Updates" I get the message that "Your applications are all up to date".

How do I get rid of this anomaly?

This user no longer exists RE: Conflicting information
Member 22nd Dec, 2010 12:35
Hi,

The latest secure version of Adobe Photoshop CS5 (As per 22/12/2010) is 12.0.2.

If you have this version or a later version installed, you are Up-To-Date, and the PSI should flag you as such. Have you applied the patch? http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/photoshop/win/...

Here are Adobe's instructions for updating Photoshop CS5:
(unknown source)

After downloading a ".zip" file, use the operating system or a utility such as WinZip or PKZIP to access the file's contents.

Need help with downloading? See our Downloading Help documents.

To install the Photoshop 12.0.2 update:
1. Disable all virus protection software.
2. Ensure that the folder on your hard drive containing Photoshop is named "Adobe Photoshop CS5."
3. Double-click the "Adobe Photoshop Updater" application. If the updater reports that it cannot find the application to update, uninstall Photoshop CS5, reinstall the application (using the default folder name "Adobe Photoshop CS5"), and then run the updater.
4. Follow the onscreen instructions.

hope this helps.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Sagitar RE: Conflicting information
Member 22nd Dec, 2010 17:17
Score: 0
User Since: 25th Sep 2008
System Score: N/A
Thanks for your assistance.

Adobe have publishes another update today and installing that seems to have brought both my machines into congruence.

Problem solved

Chris Carroll
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.