Forum Thread: Slow or unresponsive PSI 2.0

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
puzzled Slow or unresponsive PSI 2.0
Member 22nd Dec, 2010 17:48
Ranking: 0
User Since: 12th Dec, 2008
System Score: N/A
Last edited on 22nd Dec, 2010 17:49

Recently install PSI 2.0 on my system and it ran and appeared to work ok after the initial install. However today when I went to run it. I was greeted with screen on which was was missing the scan results and list of the applications installed. Nor was anything clickable on the screen. In the left panel I seen 2 "Vote - PSI Secunia.." icons. Eventually I saw a Secunia PSI has stopped working warning from Win7 x64 3Ghz CPU w 4GB RAM.

This user no longer exists RE: Slow or unresponsive PSI 2.0
Member 22nd Dec, 2010 18:48
Hi,

Are you running the Internet Explorer 9.x Beta? If so, please be aware that this version is currently not supported, and is associated with several knows issues.
To avoid these problems, please downgrade to a supported version.

Or is this not the case? If so, please try to restart your computer. Is the PSI still unresponsive after a reboot?
Was this reply relevant?
+0
puzzled RE: Slow or unresponsive PSI 2.0
Member 22nd Dec, 2010 22:37
Score: 0
User Since: 12th Dec 2008
System Score: N/A
Yup looks like IE9 was the problem. It was a struggle uninstalling IE9 as it did not show up in installed updates. Finally was able to remove IE9 and PSI is working properly.

Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.