Forum Thread: PSI 2.0 Final uninstaller popup won't go away

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
JL Krol PSI 2.0 Final uninstaller popup won't go away
Member 22nd Dec, 2010 18:43
Ranking: 4
User Since: 10th Dec, 2008
System Score: N/A
BACKGROUND: Was testing PSI 2.0 beta version. Upgrade notice that "Final" was released and executed download from email notice.

ISSUE: Uninstaller pop-up hung up on computer screen during the uninstall process. Pop-up called "Uninstalling Previous Secunia PSI - Please Wait" showed only one green bar and then stopped. Won't go away. Then I removed Secunia through Control Panel and shut down--->rebooted--->clicked on email link and downloaded the "Final" version--->shut down and waited awhile. Pop-up ("Uninstalling Previous Secunia PSI - Please Wait") still shows on desktop.

Does anyone else have this uninstaller pop-up that won't go away? How can I get rid of it.? THANKS!

JL Krol, Chicago (USA)
Win XP/SP3 on a Toshiba laptop

This user no longer exists RE: PSI 2.0 Final uninstaller popup won't go away
Member 22nd Dec, 2010 18:59
Hi,

The pop-up in question should not be there for more than 30 seconds.
Is this the case?

If so, I suggest removing the old version of the PSI using the uninstaller located at C:\Program Files\Secunia\PSI\uninstall.exe (C:\Program Files(x86)\ for 64-bit systems) before trying to install the final.

Has this resolved the issue?
Was this reply relevant?
+0
JL Krol RE: PSI 2.0 Final uninstaller popup won't go away
Member 23rd Dec, 2010 01:38
Score: 4
User Since: 10th Dec 2008
System Score: N/A
Thanks for the suggestion and immediate response, Emil.

My problem turned out to be caused by my Windows software starting to corrupt. My security software vendor, Computer Associates Internet Security Suite Plus v.7.0.0.115, had their Tech Support help me. Three things were done: 1) A restore point was created; 2) Conflicting software was removed from the Registry (somehow Norton's was present there; Why? Who knows!); 3) My in-use current version of CA's ISS Plus was removed, re-installed, and re-activated. All is well now. HURRAH!

JL Krol
Using Win XP/SP3 on a Toshiba laptop
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.