Forum Thread: Start ver 2.0 Miminized/No Splash Screen

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
MHC01 Start ver 2.0 Miminized/No Splash Screen
Member 23rd Dec, 2010 02:58
Ranking: 0
User Since: 23rd Dec, 2010
System Score: N/A
How do I get PSI v2 to start up minimized, without showing the dashboard when it starts up. I do not wan the program in my face every time I log onto my computer.

Setting the shortcut in the startup folder to "minimized" has no effect.

Thank you.

This user no longer exists RE: Start ver 2.0 Miminized/No Splash Screen
Member 23rd Dec, 2010 13:24
Last edited on 23rd Dec, 2010 13:46 Hi,

The PSI 2.0 should start up minimized by default.

Are you saying the User Interface starts, fully maximized, every time you log in?

EDIT:
I noticed that you said you have the PSI in your startup folder. In the new version, PSI.exe is the user interface only - the PSI knows how to start itself automatically.
So try deleting this shortcut, ensure that Start automatically on boot is checked on the settings tab, and reboot .

Does the issue still occur?
Was this reply relevant?
+0
MHC01 RE: Start ver 2.0 Miminized/No Splash Screen
Member 24th Dec, 2010 03:04
Score: 0
User Since: 23rd Dec 2010
That's pretty much exactly what I'm saying, except the program does not open full screen, just w

psi_tray.exe is in the Startup menu folder and, when I log on, I get the main program interface - the same thing I get when I double-click on the tray icon after the machine has been up for a while.

I tried setting the psi_tray.exe shortcut to Run Minimized but that's made no difference.

I was running 1.5.0.2 and it was perfectly behaved.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
MHC01 RE: Start ver 2.0 Miminized/No Splash Screen
Member 24th Dec, 2010 04:35
Score: 0
User Since: 23rd Dec 2010
On a hunch, I attempted to disable/uncheck the "Start the Secunia PSI on boot" option. However, it would not remain unchecked. Within 5-10 secounds of clearing the check box, the program re-checed it.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
This user no longer exists RE: Start ver 2.0 Miminized/No Splash Screen
Member 27th Dec, 2010 09:33
Hi,

Did you try removing the shortcut you put in your Startup directory? The PSI is prefectly capable of starting itself, and adding an additional launcher for 'psi.exe' is what starts the interface.

hope this helps.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

wynsue

RE: Start ver 2.0 Miminized/No Splash Screen
[+]
This reply has been deleted

This thread has been marked as locked.