Forum Thread: Firefox not being detected on my machine

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Programs

Relating to this vendor:
Mozilla Foundation
And, this specific program:
Mozilla Firefox 3.6.x

This thread has been marked as locked.
English Teacher Firefox not being detected on my machine
Member 27th Dec, 2010 13:01
Ranking: 2
User Since: 27th Dec, 2008
System Score: N/A
A little while ago I started the thread below in which I said that some programs were not being detected and E. Petersen gave his explanation.

http://secunia.com/community/forum/thread/show/684...

However, today, I have noticed that Firefox is not even detected by PSI anymore!! I have got the 3.6.13 version but this was detected under the old version of PSI

Anyway solutions for this?

As in my thread above I reported many programs missing, I'm going to start checking the PSI list with "Revo Uninstaller".
I will reply here with a list of programs not being detected by PSI here.

In the meantime, I hope everybody is having a nice Christmas.

--
Never argue with Stupid People. They just drag you down to their level and beat you with Experience.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

This user no longer exists RE: Firefox not being detected on my machine
Member 27th Dec, 2010 14:02
Last edited on 27th Dec, 2010 14:02 Hi,

Please verify that you do not have any ignore rules preventing your installation from being picked up (Settings > Ignore Rules).

Then, ensure that all your settings in Internet Explorer match those described here, and run a full rescan: http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/personal...

Has this resolved the issue? If not, could I ask you to submit a software suggestion (With the 'Are you missing a program?' buton on the results screen), so we can check for any possible problems?

hope this helps.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
English Teacher RE: Firefox not being detected on my machine
Member 27th Dec, 2010 15:43
Score: 2
User Since: 27th Dec 2008
Hi,

I think I found the something (I hope it's this.) After running a scan "Firefox" isn't in the "Scan Results" like the old version of PSI but now it is put under "Secure Browsing". Is this the case? If so then everything is OK, apart from the fact it seems a little strange that some Firefox extensions are under both "Scan Results" and "Secure Browsing" so why not Firefox?

Maybe resolved, let's hope!!

--
Never argue with Stupid People. They just drag you down to their level and beat you with Experience.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Was this reply relevant?
+0
This user no longer exists RE: Firefox not being detected on my machine
Member 27th Dec, 2010 15:47
Hi,

The Secure Browsing tab is only for tracking unpatched vulnerabilities in browsers and releated software. Firefox really should be showing on the results page.

Please ensure that you have the PSI in full-screen mode, that the Firefox you have installed is not a beta version, and check the entire list again. Firefox 3.6.x (Which I presume you have installed?) is not listed?

If so, please submit a software suggestion, and we will examine the metadata on the file in question.

However, if Firefox is present on the Secure Browsing tab, it really should be too on the results tab.

hope this helps.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
English Teacher RE: Firefox not being detected on my machine
Member 27th Dec, 2010 15:49
Score: 2
User Since: 27th Dec 2008
Last edited on 27th Dec, 2010 15:50
Hi,
I have just rebooted computer and now Firefox is back in it's proper place.

Solved, but I will still make a suggestion for missing programs that Revo-uninstaller has found which are not detected by PSI

Thanks anyway. :-)

--

Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.