Forum Thread: Several programs deleted via Control Panel still show in Secunia

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Programs

This thread has been marked as locked.
sedar Several programs deleted via Control Panel still show in Secunia
Member 26th Jan, 2011 06:40
Ranking: 0
User Since: 13th Dec, 2010
System Score: N/A
I have several programs showing up in Secunia scan altho i have deleted them via Control Panel years ago. Secunia shows the programs patched with no threat except for the Microsoft Windows Office Power Point 2003 although I have upgraded successfully to Power Point 2007, it still shows 2003 & as a threat. The other 2 are TweakUI & Weatherbug.

I use Vista, Mozilla. Running CCleaner does not show these programs, nor can i find them anywhere. Thank you

This user no longer exists RE: Several programs deleted via Control Panel still show in Secunia
Member 26th Jan, 2011 08:45
Hi,

The PSI will always show you which path the program it is detecting has. While the Control Panel may think the program is completely gone, assuming you have run a full rescan, the PSI has picked up some possible update leftovers from th older version.

To see where the detected file is located, click "+" next too the program's entry on the Scan Results page. From here, will see 2 buttons next to each entry, one will give you the option of opening the folder (the one furtherst too the left), and the other will "ignore" the program and exclude it from the results (the one with a red "dot" over it).

Hope this helps.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Wheeler53 RE: Several programs deleted via Control Panel still show in Secunia
Member 26th Jan, 2011 09:41
Score: 0
User Since: 5th Dec 2008
System Score: N/A
Hi.
Instead of using Windows Control panel to remove programs, I use this program that is much better for the job,; Revo Uninstaller Pro it removes registry threads, folders, just EVERYTHING is gone.
wheeler53
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.