Forum Thread: Updating to Java 6.0.240.7

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Programs

Relating to this vendor:
Oracle Corporation
And, this specific program:
Oracle Java JRE 1.6.x / 6.x

This thread has been marked as resolved.
Rolf T. Andersem Updating to Java 6.0.240.7
Member 19th Feb, 2011 12:32
Ranking: 0
User Since: 6th Dec, 2008
System Score: N/A
I have got a problem when I try to update to the latest Java-version. When running the the update, I get the report: Error 1606. Could not access network location :.
After seaching the net for any solution, I've looked into the register, but can't find anything wrong in any of the suggested locations.
Have any of you got the same experience, - and hopefully a solution?
My computer: Toshiba Pro A300, Vista Business sp2.
Rolf T.

Post "RE: Updating to Java 6.0.240.7" has been selected as an answer.
joesoap RE: Updating to Java 6.0.240.7
Member 19th Feb, 2011 12:52
Score: 3
User Since: 1st Aug 2009
Hi, I am havingsimilar problem trying to get 240.4. Don,t have an error message. may be same problem.98%
Was this reply relevant?
+0
puget1 RE: Updating to Java 6.0.240.7
Member 19th Feb, 2011 13:01
Score:
User Since: 21st Dec 2007
Last edited on 19th Feb, 2011 13:04
Are you trying to update through PSI? I would simply go to "control panel" find Java click on it and then go to update tab click and click on update now. That way you are downloading directly from the home site. You can also check "Network Setting"under the general tab. For best results set to ""use browser setting" Then click on apply and o.k. close. Do a restart of p.c. and then do a scan with PSi this should get you to 100%

--
Windows 10 64bit

There is No magic bullet in computing; only work a rounds.

Was this reply relevant?
+2
joesoap RE: Updating to Java 6.0.240.7
Member 19th Feb, 2011 13:04
Score: 3
User Since: 1st Aug 2009
done that, says no updates available.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
puget1 RE: Updating to Java 6.0.240.7
Member 19th Feb, 2011 13:22
Score:
User Since: 21st Dec 2007
1.O.K then go to Filehippo.com and download the update checker do a scan. it will show all your apps. Do not confuse PSI a "vulnerability checker" with Filehippo a app updater. There is often a void between PSI and Java releasing new updates simply because they update in batches rather than trying to update everyone all at once If you still have problems 2.go to add/remove and remove your java. then restart your p,c, Go to the Java site and download the latest version and install or you can go through Filehippo. If you feel that PSI is blocking you and/or antivirus or firewall I would use the second method.

--
Windows 10 64bit

There is No magic bullet in computing; only work a rounds.

Was this reply relevant?
+0
Rolf T. Andersem RE: Updating to Java 6.0.240.7
Member 19th Feb, 2011 13:38
Score: 0
User Since: 6th Dec 2008
Last edited on 19th Feb, 2011 13:41
on 19th Feb, 2011 12:32, Rolf T. Andersem wrote:
I have got a problem when I try to update to the latest Java-version. When running the the update, I get the report: Error 1606. Could not access network location :.
After searching the net for any solution, I've looked into the register, but can't find anything wrong in any of the suggested locations.
Have any of you got the same experience, - and hopefully a solution?
My computer: Toshiba Pro A300, Vista Business sp2.
Rolf T.

Thank you Puget1. When I tried to open Java from the Control Panel, it was impossible. Then I remembered that Java updating was disabeled in TunUp Utillities.
After enabeling it I could open Java from the CP and the updateing worked very well.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.