Forum Thread: Simple or Advanced interface

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
stevet4645 Simple or Advanced interface
Member 5th Dec, 2008 16:54
Ranking: 0
User Since: 5th Dec, 2008
System Score: N/A
I find it odd that when scanning using the simple interface I receive no alerts. Yet when I go to the Advanced interface, there are 4 alerts noted. Flashplayer, Powerpoint, MSXML and Java. I know the Java shows up because I haven't uninstalled the older version yet(and that's what it's pointing to), but why didn't they show up under the Simple Interface? If they are true vulnerabilities, should it matter what interface I am using?

lowridercraz RE: Simple or Advanced interface
Member 5th Dec, 2008 17:41
Score: 0
User Since: 4th Dec 2008
Yes it does matter. The simple interface scans your regular ok programs but, when you get to the advanced stage of your scanning then, everything pop's up on your operating system. That's what I scan my system from. The Advanced stage. It's awesome to see what is a potential threat to your system. I hope this helped you out. Have a great day.

--
M.S.JR.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
stevet4645 RE: Simple or Advanced interface
Member 5th Dec, 2008 19:49
User Since: 5th Dec 2008
Thanks for your reply. I guess I will just use the Advanced interface since it is a more thorough assessment of my system.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
lowridercraz100 RE: Simple or Advanced interface
Member 5th Dec, 2008 19:54
It most defenitely is. Very good luck to you my freind. Happy Holidays to you & your family.

--
Marvin F. Saul Jr. Dell Intel Pentium D Dual-Core 100% Secure!!
marvin_jackie_s@yahoo.com is my e-mail add if you ever need more help. I'll do my best for ya.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
azkidd69 RE: Simple or Advanced interface
Member 6th Dec, 2008 08:15
User Since: 7th Sep 2008
The reason why on the simple interface you see nothing wrong, but on advanced you do is because easy to patch programs are the only ones that show up when doing a simple scan. When you do an advanced scan everything shows up, no matter how much of a PITA it may be to patch.

--
http://www.cdhs.biz
Was this reply relevant?
+0
This user no longer exists RE: Simple or Advanced interface
Member 6th Dec, 2008 13:16
I like the Advanced interface.

Sun Java was notorious for leaving old vulnerable versions on systems and became a well known Open Target for malware purveyors.

Go to Add/Remove Programs and un-install all Sun Java installs then reboot.

Download JavaRa then run it to remove Sun Java remnants then us it to install the latest version:
http://raproducts.org
Was this reply relevant?
+0
lowridercraz100 RE: Simple or Advanced interface
Member 6th Dec, 2008 13:27
LOL. I agree!!!!

--
Marvin F. Saul Jr. Dell Intel Pentium D Dual-Core 100% Secure!!
marvin_jackie_s@yahoo.com is my e-mail add if you ever need more help. I'll do my best for ya.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.