Forum Thread: Update of Internet Explorer Fails

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Programs

Relating to this vendor:
Microsoft
And, this specific program:
Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.x

This thread has been marked as locked.
rhatch Update of Internet Explorer Fails
Member 8th Dec, 2008 02:22
Ranking: 0
User Since: 26th Nov, 2008
System Score: N/A
When I try to update Internet Explorer 7.x by clicking on the Solution icon in Secunia PSI, I get the automatic updates page from Microsoft, and it says the update failed. It shows error code 0x80242006. This happens repeatedly over several weeks. All Microsoft has to suggest is to repeat the attempt, and many repetitions have all failed.

BigDave_39 RE: Update of Internet Explorer Fails
Member 8th Dec, 2008 19:46
Score: 0
User Since: 26th Nov 2008
on 8th Dec, 2008 02:22, rhatch wrote:
When I try to update Internet Explorer 7.x by clicking on the Solution icon in Secunia PSI, I get the automatic updates page from Microsoft, and it says the update failed. It shows error code 0x80242006. This happens repeatedly over several weeks. All Microsoft has to suggest is to repeat the attempt, and many repetitions have all failed.

This one may help you:
http://www.mydigitallife.info/2006/06/08/windows-u...

--
Big Dave
Was this reply relevant?
+0
santmann2002 RE: Update of Internet Explorer Fails
Member 10th Dec, 2008 13:25
User Since: 5th Nov 2008
[quote=t831]When I try to update Internet Explorer 7.x by clicking on the Solution icon in Secunia PSI, I get the automatic updates page from Microsoft, and it says the update failed. It shows error code 0x80242006. This happens repeatedly over several weeks. All Microsoft has to suggest is to repeat the attempt, and many repetitions have all failed.[/quote
I got a tread related to IE7.x but when I went to Microsoft Update page
my PC was scanned and NO update was found
Was this reply relevant?
+0
solbakken RE: Update of Internet Explorer Fails
Member 14th Dec, 2008 22:23
User Since: 29th Apr 2008
Last edited on 14th Dec, 2008 22:24

Was this reply relevant?
+0
solbakken RE: Update of Internet Explorer Fails
Member 14th Dec, 2008 22:24
User Since: 29th Apr 2008

Was this reply relevant?
+0
This user no longer exists RE: Update of Internet Explorer Fails
Member 14th Dec, 2008 22:56
Download Dial-a-fix:
http://wiki.lunarsoft.net/wiki/Dial-a-fix

Run it and make sure that all the Policies... are clear and run Flush SoftwareDistribution and select No to create a new History when you run Windows Update then select the green check mark ( check all ) then select go.

Reboot then start IE and select Tools then Windows Update.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.