Forum Thread: Weird stuff is happening....

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
eighty666 Weird stuff is happening....
Member 10th Dec, 2008 08:03
Ranking: 0
User Since: 10th Dec, 2008
System Score: N/A
When I run PSI from my desktop, (XPpro-SP3) it shows me things that I don't believe are true. For example, it says I have 'unsecure' versions 4, 5, and 6 of Adobe Reader. In fact I am running with version 9, and can't find any trace of th old versions on my system. Secunia offers a 'solution' button, but as soon as I touch it, Secunia discovers a terminal error and quits.

I have removed Adobe Reader from my system, cleaned out the Adobe Program file and reinstalled it with version 9. Secunia still finds the obsolete junk.

So I came here to get a fresh copy of PSI, but when I click the Download now button IE7 goes into a swoon and quits. I have just tried it with Firefox(3) and got a download.

eighty666 RE: Weird stuff is happening....
Member 10th Dec, 2008 08:38
Score: 0
User Since: 10th Dec 2008
Last edited on 11th Dec, 2008 04:41
Even weirder stuff is happening.
I just noticed 2 secunia icons in my system tray. When I tried to click on one of them, the two of them dissolved into one Roboform icon. The Roboform icon seems to work, but it belongs on a browser toolbar, and does not belong in the system tray. I came here to edit this information into the previous post, but the EDIT button was missing. Now that I have added this extra post, both posts have an edit button.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
This user no longer exists RE: Weird stuff is happening....
Member 10th Dec, 2008 10:05
on 10th Dec, 2008 08:38, eighty666 wrote:
Rven weirder stuff is happening.
I just noticed 2 secunia icons in my system tray. When I tried to click on one of them, the two of them dissolved into one Roboform icon. The Roboform icon seems to work, but it belongs on a browser toolbar, and does not belong in the system tray. I came her to edit this information into the previous post, but the EDIT button was missing. Now that I have added this extra post, both posts have an edit button.

What operating system are you running?
Was this reply relevant?
+0
eighty666 RE: Weird stuff is happening....
Member 11th Dec, 2008 04:41
Score: 0
User Since: 10th Dec 2008
I am using Windows XP pro, SP3.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
This user no longer exists RE: Weird stuff is happening....
Member 11th Dec, 2008 10:47
I don't use Roboform but I would download MBAM then update it then run a Quick scan and let it remove what it detects and a reboot may be required to remove locked files:
http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.