Forum Thread: PSI scans Windows 7 64bit Home Version but not W7 Professional

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
absf53 PSI scans Windows 7 64bit Home Version but not W7 Professional
Member 16th May, 2011 00:06
Ranking: 0
User Since: 24th Apr, 2011
System Score: N/A
Your most recent Secunia 2 version will fully scan my Windows 7, 64bit Home Premium laptop. However, I am not able to even connect to Secunia's servers with the identical Secunia version using my Windows 7, 64 bit Professional desktop PC.

I have reviewed IE 9 64 bit's Advanced and Security settings of both my laptop and desktop pc's. They are identical.

Why would Secunia 2 indicate I need a proxy ID when attempting to run a Secunia scanning of my Windows 7 Professional 64 bit desktop pc? I do not have any such issues using my Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium laptop. Both are connected to my home network.

This user no longer exists RE: PSI scans Windows 7 64bit Home Version but not W7 Professional
Member 16th May, 2011 08:53
Hey,

I am not sure what you mean by "indicate that I need a proxy ID".

The PSI does not support proxies. Are you using a proxy?

If not, did you try resetting the Internet Explorer before applying the FAQ suggestion?
Was this reply relevant?
+0
absf53 RE: PSI scans Windows 7 64bit Home Version but not W7 Professional
Member 17th May, 2011 03:49
Score: 0
User Since: 24th Apr 2011
System Score: N/A
Here's the result of attempting to have a Secunia opening on my Windows 7 Professional 64 bit desktop pc using IE 9 at its DEFAULT settings. These settings are identical to my Windows 7 Home Premium laptop. Prior to attempting to conduct a Secunia scan, I set my IE 9, 64 bit to its default settings. The result was the same Secunia error message. IE 9 does NOT have the referenced https://psi.secunia listed as a trusted site. The same error message appeared with AND without it listed as a trusted website.

I do not have a proxy; This is a home PC connected to Comcast broadband. Here's the error message when opening a Secunia scan:

UNABLE TO RETRIEVE PSI USER ID FROM SECUNIA.

PLEASE VERIFY YOU ARE ABLE TO CONNECT TO https://psi.secunia.com/ then restart the PSI.

Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.