Forum Thread: REQ: scan scheduling (or command line option)

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
MiG__ REQ: scan scheduling (or command line option)
Member 17th May, 2011 14:30
Ranking: 2
User Since: 15th Feb, 2011
System Score: N/A
I noticed this request has been made a few times before, but apparently threads older than 7 days tend to be locked, so I suppose a new thread will have to do. Firstly it's certainly a good thing that PSI will automatically start a new scan after a while, but PSI scans can be fairly resource intensive - my computer just went completely unresponsive because apparently I initiated the previous scan exactly a week ago.

The automatic-scan-after-seven-days is just fine as a default setting, but it would be nice to *additionally* be able to set a specific day and time for this - either within PSI itself, or by allowing a command line scan start (so you can add it to the windows task scheduler - something like "psi.exe startscan").

Maurice Joyce RE: REQ: scan scheduling (or command line option)
Handling Contributor 17th May, 2011 17:54
Score: 12325
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
They may well know of this idea already as U suggest. Better U follow the guidelines issued by Secunia to ask for a new feature as explained here:

http://secunia.com/products/consumer/PSI/faq/#q15

--
Maurice

Microsoft Surface 4 Intel i7 64Bit
Windows 10 Pro version 1809 Build 17763.404
16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+1
MiG__ RE: REQ: scan scheduling (or command line option)
Member 17th May, 2011 18:31
Score: 2
User Since: 15th Feb 2011
Last edited on 17th May, 2011 18:34
In that very same FAQ item:

(unknown source)
You can also post to our community forum, found at http://secunia.com/community/forum/

:)

But I suppose it can't hurt pointing them to this thread through email, as things seem to sink from the first page quickly.
Was this reply relevant?
+1
This user no longer exists RE: REQ: scan scheduling (or command line option)
Member 18th May, 2011 08:52
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

Unfortunately scheduled commands in our vulnerability scanner is considered a commercial/"pro" feature, and as such is very unlikely to be implemented in the PSI.

Maybe if there is something similar to "at" for Windows, someone could make it themselves though.

hope this helps.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 18th May, 2011 12:15
That'd be the windows task scheduler, but as with 'at' it requires command line parameters to be available - and as far as I'm aware they're currently not. Or does PSI accept a command line 'start scan' parameter?
Was this reply relevant?
+0
This user no longer exists RE: REQ: scan scheduling (or command line option)
Member 18th May, 2011 14:19
Hi,

No. No, it does not.

My bad - I get too much into the habit of working on UNIX.

Anyway, like I said, unfortunately this is considered a corporate feature, and will thus not be implemented by Secunia.

Though maybe it might be possible to do a trace of system calls, and start the suitable operation in the agent?
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 18th May, 2011 15:10
That'd currently be a bit over my head I'm afraid, and the corporate price tag of close to $3000 a bit over my budget :(
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.