Forum Thread: Adobe 10 installation error

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Programs

Relating to this vendor:
Adobe Systems
And, this specific program:
Adobe Flash Player 10.x

This thread has been marked as locked.
alexschink Adobe 10 installation error
Member 3rd Jun, 2011 14:55
Ranking: 0
User Since: 3rd Jun, 2011
System Score: N/A
I am using Vista and cannot download Adobe Flash Player 10. I need to use it with Mozilla Firefox 3. I have read the download instructions at get.adobe.com. The download doesn't start automatically, so I click the provided link, as instructed. Apparently, I am supposed to be given the option to "run" or "save" and then click "run." However, I am only given the option to "save" or "cancel." I choose "save." Then, another box opens up and I click on "install_flash_player.exe" I then get a message that this is an executable file which may contain viruses. I choose "ok" and "continue." Finally, I get a message saying that Firefox must be closed before Adobe Flash Player plugin can be installed. I close Firefox and all other programs, yet this message continues to be displayed.

This user no longer exists RE: Adobe 10 installation error
Secunia Official 3rd Jun, 2011 15:14
Hi

Try to check your task manager to see if some of the programs is still running in the background.

You can also try to save the flash installer and run it as the first thing after you have restarted your computer.
Maurice Joyce RE: Adobe 10 installation error
Handling Contributor 3rd Jun, 2011 19:10
Score: 12325
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
System Score: N/A
UPDATING THE STANDALONE ADOBE FLASH PLAYER

If not using the PSI update feature I would recommend this method to successfully update Flash which by-passes the Adobe Download Manager.

1. Download & SAVE these to desktop.
IE 32 Bit.

http://fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flashplayer/curren...

& then here if U have any Gecko based browsers that do not have Flash embedded.

http://fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flashplayer/curren...

2. The installer will appear on the desk top. THE IMPORTANT BIT - Before agreeing to install Flash check these programmes are completely shut down (use the Task Manager if necessary to COMPLETELY EXIT these processes if running):
a. All Browsers.
b. Windows Messenger.
c. Incredimail.
d. All Adobe Products.
e. PSI - Unless using version 2

3. The new install will then remove all old files during the update process.
4. Complete a PSI rescan & all should be in order.
5. Delete the Flash installer(s) file from the desktop.

If U want to double check Flash is working & the version installed click here: http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

Update 5 09:15 13/05/2011

--
Maurice

Microsoft Surface 4 Intel i7 64Bit
Windows 10 Pro version 1809 Build 17763.404
16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+1

This thread has been marked as locked.