Forum Thread: scan shows 2 microsoft programs out of date but where fo i find t...

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
davebear-3 scan shows 2 microsoft programs out of date but where fo i find the new up-dates
Member 14th Dec, 2008 17:37
Ranking: 0
User Since: 10th Dec, 2008
System Score: N/A
Microsoft XML Core Services (MSXML) 4.x
I looked at the microsoft up date page for the above outdated program but I* can't find it does anyone know of a direct link ? also there is another outdated prgrams ending 6x same as above the one i listed

Eagle2 RE: scan shows 2 microsoft programs out of date but where fo i find the new up-dates
Member 16th Dec, 2008 07:48
Score: 0
User Since: 6th Jan 2008
System Score: N/A
Last edited on 16th Dec, 2008 07:58
Secunia PSI is reporting that Word and Excel are unpatched as of 12/9/2008 though Microsoft Update does not show any applicable patchs. In my case, I have Office 2003 SP3 which is covered in the updates for Excel and Word. However, the updates only install on four operating systems. I am running Windows XP SP3 and the update only installs if you are running Windows 2000 SP4; Windows Server 2003 SP1; Windows Vista; Windows XP SP2. I have downloaded the updates to my computer but they will not install because my operating system (XP SP3) is not supported. Secunia will eventually fix their error in PSI. On past errors, Secunia has taken several weeks to fix the problem though I send several emails explaining their problems. I have reported this error to Secunia and hopefully a correction will occur soon.

Documentation is available and Microsoft's web site and can be studied by clicking on the "Download Solution" button in the "Insecure" tab. The supported operating systems information is found on the Download Center page and detailed information can be obtained by clicking on the red knowledge base article and then click on the link for IT Professionals. Unfortunately, the Excel and Word Security Bulletins are not up to past Microsoft standards.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.