Forum Thread: Auto deleting Programs???

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
joe_ioi Auto deleting Programs???
Member 15th Jun, 2011 08:04
Ranking: 0
User Since: 15th Jun, 2011
System Score: N/A
New to PSI, I downloaded the new MicroSoft Updates from TUESDAY 6/15/2011 and Secunia popped up that it had deleted Winows Live ....and Windows Update C++

WHY oh WHY did that happen? Was it suppose to happen? I'm thinking not...but am I wrong? PLEASE LET ME KNOW. i'm using Win 7 computer.

Thanks again

This user no longer exists RE: Auto deleting Programs???
Secunia Official 15th Jun, 2011 08:12
Hi

The Secunia PSI does not remove programs.

What most likely happended, is that the Secunia PSI detected that the program(s) mentioned was no longer present in the folder they used to be in, and thus the Secunia PSI removed them from the scan results.

Does this answer your question?
joe_ioi RE: Auto deleting Programs???
Member 15th Jun, 2011 10:05
Score: 0
User Since: 15th Jun 2011
I dunno? I have two computers....I noticed the winLIVE thing on both....I noticed the c++ on only this one....

So shouldn't I have c++? And shouldn't PSI catch it...see it says that at first I had 81programs but NOW have 80...(those numbers are by 'total scan results') IF im suppose to have the c++ why hasn't PSI caught it?

Im sure PSI is doing what its suppose to...but I've never had this before and was LOVING it...until seeing these things today...and Im not understanding....please help
Was this reply relevant?
+0

jake13e

RE: Auto deleting Programs???
[+]
This reply has been deleted
Maurice Joyce RE: Auto deleting Programs???
Handling Contributor 16th Jun, 2011 10:28
Score: 12325
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
Duplicate thread running here:

http://secunia.com/community/forum/thread/show/975...

--
Maurice

Microsoft Surface 4 Intel i7 64Bit
Windows 10 Pro version 1809 Build 17763.404
16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.